Late Bee Gee Robin Gibb Leaves £26m to Wife and family ... but nothing to his Love Child
Share this post:
With a £26 Million fortune, Robin Gibb left behind more than enough to ensure his widow and three children would be well provided for. However, it may be a different story for the late singer’s love child – who has been cut out of his inheritance altogether, the Daily Mail can reveal. The former Bee Gee died in May last year aged 62 after a long battle with colon and liver cancer. He was survived by his second wife Dwina, 60, their son Robin-John, 30, and his two children from his first marriage, Spencer, 41, and Melissa, 39.
Gibb also left four-year-old daughter Snow Robin, who he fathered with his live-in housekeeper Claire Yang, then 33, in 2008. But newly released details of Gibb’s will show the youngster will not inherit any of his estate. The revelation follows reports of a feud between Mrs Gibb and Miss Yang. Although the singer and his partner of 35 years had an open marriage, Mrs Gibb reportedly stopped Snow and her mother from attending his funeral last year. Valued at £25.8million after tax, Gibb’s fortune includes all of his UK assets but does not include his properties in America or assets already shared jointly with his wife.The money has been placed in a trust fund, with Mrs Gibb receiving all profits until her death.
The self-described Celtic druidess has also been granted all of her husband’s ‘personal chattels’ and the lucrative music rights to his share of the royalties from the Bee Gees’ back catalogue, which includes hits such as Stayin’ Alive and How Deep Is Your Love. Spencer and Melissa will each be given £500,000 immediately, with the remainder of the estate to be split between them and Robin-John upon Mrs Gibb’s death.
Certified Trust and Estate Planner (CTEP™)
Certified Trust and Estate Planner (CTEP™) is one of the most recognized Estate Planning and Trust Planning certifications in the world. This certification comprehensively deals with all the aspects of Estate Planning like Intergenerational Wealth Transfer, Wealth Preservation, Trust Planning, Succession Planning Estate and Gift Taxation.
The Chartered Trust and Estate Planner (CTEP™) Program is an International Certification Course focused on Estate and Trust Planning in Philippine context which forms a very important subset of Personal Finance, Financial Planning, Wealth Planning or Wealth Management. The program allows the participants to develop skills in wealth transfer, succession planning, family wealth preservation advisory skills.
The program is ideal for Entrepreneurs, Family managed business owners, Financial Advisors, FinancialConsultants, Wealth Managers and Financial Planners to develop cutting edge knowledge in Estate Planning, Trust Planning, Succession Planning, Private Banking, Family Office, and Financial Advisory.
If you are financial professional, the CTEP™ program will help you to better position as the advisor to affluent individuals who havethese needs and who can assist with your client's total wealth management.
Practitioners who complete this program will gain the best of both worlds: estate planning ideas plus asset repositioning implementation. By having the Chartered Trust and Estate Planner (CTEP™) Designation, you will learn ways to unlock this wealth by providing invaluable advisory services.
Benefits of the CTEP™ Credentials and Designations
- Increase Your Earnings – CTEP™ Designation Holders earn 25% more than their non-certified colleaguesaccording to the 2013/2014 Compensation Guide by American Academy Financial Management.
- Advance Your Career – CTEP™ Certification is documented evidence of expertise and experience, representing a high level of skill, knowledge and professionalism.
- Enhance Your Marketability and Job Security – Stand out against other applicants in a tough job market. Prepare yourself for greater on-the-job responsibilities. Validate your competency in Finance Domain.
- Gain Professional Visibility and Credibility – The CTEP™ Credentials and Designations are accepted worldwide as the standard of excellence in the Financial Services Industry.
- Distinguish Yourself from Your Peers – The CTEP™ credentials are recognized in the hiring and promotion policies of leading organizations, including the US Department of Labour , Wall Street etc.
- Impact Your Company’s Bottom Line – Research conducted by various organizations that CTEP™ Designation Holders were able to perform better than their non-certified peers. The knowledge and skills gained on attaining the Certifications from CTEP™ helped in better client interface and better technical skills leading to overall growth of the Company and the Individual.